Thursday, November 30, 2006

The World Famous Sip and Dip Lounge

I'm currently in Great Falls, MT. I'm doing some wireless presentations to educate people and hopefully get some potential clients out of the deal. One of my friends, OJ, sent me this email and said I had to go to the Sip and Dip to check it out. Here is her email:
Because no trip to Great Falls wouldn't be complete with out a trip to the Sip-n-Dip...

At night, drop by for a cocktail at the legendary
Sip 'N Dip Lounge, located in the O'Haire Motor Inn (17 7th St. S.). There is probably nothing in the world quite like the Sip 'N Dip Lounge. First, it's decorated in a Polynesian tiki style (in and of itself pretty surreal for Great Falls), but adding to the weirdness is the glass wall behind the bar, providing a view of the hotel's indoor swimming pool. Bar patrons have a great view of whoever is in the pool, including assorted mermaids and mermen (who are hired by the bar during busy hours); in the past, even Daryl Hannah (she of Splash fame) has shown up there in a mermaid suit. On most nights you can find Piano Pat Sponheim tickling the ivories and singing standards like "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" and "Fly Me To the Moon."

Make sure you wear your Hawaiian shirt. And if in the off chance you'd be seen in public in a Hawaiian shirt you must send me pictures!

Sorry, OJ, I didn't go in a Hawaiian shirt, but I did get the pic above. I had a few others, but that was the best one. Unfortunately I didn't even have a beer as I am trying to not be such a fat bastard. It's been salads and water for me!!!
In any case, surprisingly enough the bar was rated the #1 bar by GQ magazine....(are you getting this, Bling?). I have no idea why it was rated #1...or what category they had it in. It was fairly interesting, and yes, that is a swimming pool that you can look into. There were some kids swimming, but no hot chicks unfortunately. The bar was opened in the 60's, but didn't look a day over 25 years...
Speaking of other places I had to go check out we ate dinner at a place called Eddie's Steakhouse and (get this) Dinner Club. When was the last time you saw something called a dinner club? That place had been in business over 60 years, and for that I broke my diet and had a steak with a salad. It was quite tasty, but I must admit I have had better steaks. Still for the price and the history, it was damned good.
Prior to dinner we stopped by a school to see about doing a wireless job in it. The principal looked about my age, which was scary. I always though principals were "older" and had to have a lot of experience. The worst part? Some of the teachers were kind of hot. It's only during times like those that I thought I just might be older than I think I am.

No comments: