Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Loading c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.124-9.T1.bin from 192.168.4.180 (via Serial0/0): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OO!!!!!!!!!!!!!O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!O!!!O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just loading a file onto a router across a VPN connection. I am bored. Not much to do until that file is loaded and it has a ways to go.
If anyone is reading this, and is in Montana, and understands what that means give me a shout. We could always use another engineer.

I also booked my flights home today. They were going like hotcakes!! Yesterday I looked up flights and there were plenty of them. I did the nice thing and requested permission to buy the ticket and by the time I got on this morning almost all of them were gone. They were literally selling out as I was trying to find one.

Lucky for me I was able to get on an 8:00am flight. I needed to get on one this early because I have to traipse all across the continent to get home, now. I first have to fly from Bozeman to Salt Lake City, Utah. No big deal...done it a million times. But then I have the privilege of flying to Atlanta, GA just for kicks. From there they fly my BACK the other way to drop me off in Texas. yes, that's 10 hours of flying and airports (provided there aren't any delays) and a grand total of 2,667 miles.

But it's all good. I'm going home....and if I am lucky first class won't be sold out on those flights and they will automatically bump me into first class like usual. My plan is to make them pay for having me fly at 8:00am and then having to PASS my home, hang out in an airport, and then go back the way I just came before arriving in DFW. You might ask how I would do this.... it's quite simple. Free alcohol. I figure if I can suck down enough of those little bottles full of the good stuff then at least I won't feel so bad about being stuck on a plane all day.....except for the hangover the next morning.

No comments: