Monday, November 27, 2006

A Welcome Surprise....

Saturday evening several of us were supposed to go out. I had called a few folks to confirm or find out what was going on only to hear that they weren't going out after all. No big deal, but I was looking forward to it.

So here I am, chillin' on a plane. I'm thinking about lyrics to songs, reading a book, wondering why America has turned into a bunch of pussies.

But I get off the plane and I need to go home and clean up a bit before I get out. Low and behold, there is a group of my friends waiting for me as I walk through the security exit! They have a "welcome home" poster made complete with pictures of midgets, ferrets, and Aprilia lion logo on it. They had also brought me my sippy cup filled with a beverage, and my blow-up sheep. (don't ask if you don't want to know!)

It was really thoughtful of everyone and it was nice to be surprised in such a manner. They then took me out to dinner (no McDonalds, either!) and wouldn't let me pay for anything!! I think they were going to go out and party all night but the roads were pretty crappy and drinking and driving is never a good idea - especially on glazed roads of ice.

Effectively they pulled a Weasel and Grasshopper - keeping me out until the following day. I crashed on a friend's couch and didn't make it "home" until about 10:30am the following morning. Their dog curled up at my feet, and their cat slept on my chest. I guess I can't complain too much....not everyone gets a little pussy all night.

No comments: