Tuesday, November 07, 2006



Laptop Lies....People Died....

err....or rather my laptop died. Sort of... but it's been resurrected. A while back a paper clip got jammed up in my vent and it snapped off a blade on the primary cooling fan. So the whole thing vibrated for a while. I guess I could have sold it off as a new marital aide, but I kept working with it as is. But, because the fan was out of balance, it wore the bearings out and the fan seized. So I could only run the laptop for a few minutes at a time before it would start to overheat.

Now, if I were in....say, Texas.... I could have ran down to Fry's and purchased a $5.00 fan to replace it. But, here in Montana there aren't any electronic stores that carry this type of thing. So I had to order the entire $82 heat-sink assembly from HP..... and it took them a few days to get it here. So I was essentially off-line.

Today I fly to CA and will be busy there, but I'll update some stuff on here when I get chance. Sorry 'bout that.

No comments: