Monday, December 18, 2006

Medicare and Illegal Aliens....
I got this email forwarded to me from a friend of mine. It certainly seems pretty horrible when you look at it from the perspective of the email.

This is TOO good!
5 million of our older Americans have not signed up yet for their Medicare Part D drug plan ------ they are old and confused. We are NOT going to grant them an extension. However, 12 million illegal aliens are in our country and we are going to allow them to stay, protest, procreate, receive support monies, attend schools, avoid paying income taxes, have our teachers take 300 hours of ESL (English as a Second Language) training at our expense, etc.

WE MUST REALLY DISLIKE OUR OLD PEOPLE...... OR WE MUST REALLY LOVE LAWBREAKERS!!

If it ticks you off, pass it on!! Don't forget to pay your taxes. 12 million illegal aliens are depending on you!


I tried to verify this through Snopes and was unable to find enough information on it. But I did Google some of the medicare plan d stuff. Obviously I was not up on all the medicare stuff. My father probably is and could comment on it. However, this plan had a deadline of May 15th, 2006. That was FIVE months ago!! So why is this just now being circulated?

From what I can tell it became a huge and heated political debate with the typical he said / she said crap between the dems and the reps.

What does irk me is that for the most part the gist of the email is spot-on. I got into a bit of a discussion with one of my friends up here. I was arguing that there was, indeed, some socialized medicine in the U.S. - we just don't call it that. You don't believe me? Do you have any idea of how many destitute people are treated for all kinds of illnesses every year? Who pays for it? Joe Taxpayer, and those of us fortunate to have jobs and insurance. Is that not the very definition of a socialized system?

And what about the 12+ million illegal immigrants? The email focuses on Mexicans, but there are a lot of illegal aliens here. Personally I say we should spend the money and deport ALL of them. Cost more to do that than to allow them to suck the system dry? Perhaps initially, but not in the long run.

I'm not against immigration to the U.S. I AM against people breaking the law to do it. And yet, we are still considering granting them amnesty and giving them rights. What a load of crap.

No comments: