Wednesday, December 27, 2006


Finally Got a Vette I Could Drive!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!! Mine was pretty good. I got to spend it with my family. I got in a few days before Christmas, so it was a little hectic trying to get all the shopping done that I needed to. With the exception of a gift for my mom that is coming in late, I think I did fairly well.


To be honest, I'm still a little overwhelmed at being back home. There are so many things I want to do around here that it seems monumental to get the place back in order. Irregardless I managed to have a pretty good time on Christmas. And, as I said above I finally got a Corvette that I could drive. I've been asking for one every year since I was probably about 15. I usually get something with a Vette on it, but I can actually drive this one so that is mui cool. I figure if I keep working on it I'll have a real one by the time I am 60 or 70.


Here is my plan - be patient. I'll wait until some guy hits his midlife crisis, goes out and buys a nice Vette. Then, when he picks up the hot chickie-babe in it and cheats on his wife she'll eventualy find out and divorce 'em - taking everything he's got. The car will get sold off cheap since he doesn't want her to have it, and she'll hate it because it will represent the demise of their mariage. I'll be there waiting with my checkbook. That's the Vette I am going to buy.


I also went shopping yesterday for some much needed furntiture. Bling! and Mrs. Bling! all went along. They were looking for some choice items as well and since we were heading into N. Dallas it made since to all go at at the same time.


I HATE shopping. Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it...Hate it.


We are shopping and it's just wearing me thin. I have expensive taste, am very picky and I'm a cheap bastard. This is not a good combination. Tack on that most of the places were pretty packed and you can see that I was not really enjoying the whole experience.


Terra Side Bar - Those of you in or near Bozeman still complaining about traffic - get over it. When I was at the mall the Saturday prior to Xmas there were more people there than in the entire VALLEY of Bozeman, Belgrade, etc. And that was just trying to get out of the mall area. I never would have gone, but my neice wanted me to take her ice skating.


Anyway, we were hitting the last few places and I finally found some bar-stool that I liked. I had to special order them and they came it at $318 each. I needed three, and may order a fourth. See, I have no dining room table. I have a foosball table. That means I have to eat at the bar, and without stools it's standing room only. For years I have been looking for something that I liked and didn't cost a fortune. These should work out great when they make it in.


But then I also saw a really cool coffee table. And since it was unique I had to get the end-table as well. That was more of an impulse buy, with the exception that I've wanted a new one for about four or five years now (maybe more). So I bought those as well.

Already whacked my knee into both the new coffee table (it's substantialy larger than the old one and much harder to see in the dark), and the old one since I moved it and forgot that I moved it.

All in all? That was a $2k endevor. Ugggh.....and I still have more to buy and things to do. Will it ever end?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will it ever end? no. Welcome to my world. I just finished my massage room, and I have 3 more rooms to go. I'll probably move just as I get done....ugh.

Sorry about the whole shopping thing. I'll get you a catalog next time...