Tuesday, December 12, 2006



For a very long time now I have been into a band by the name of Dream Theater. If you have been reading this blog for a long time you have probably noticed that I have posted about them before and have often made references to them.
I'd say that the two most influential bands to me have been Kiss and Dream Theater. Kiss for their sheer propensity to write what I call "fun" music. It picks me up, it puts me in a good mood. It's just good rock & roll to have a good time with. Dream Theater because they are one of the best progressive bands out there. Period.
In fact, I think that for a long time Mrs. Bling! never even came over to my house in which there wasn't something by Dream Theater on the stereo. She probably thought I didn't listen to anything else.

However, they aren't for everyone. They don't fit radio format due to their sometimes operetta length songs (Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence clocks in at 42:02!!!) and because their music is complicated and constantly progressing which generally requires much more attention than the average sheeple like to invest in their music.
Anyway, to drag out a long point I looked them up on Wikipedia and was quite impressed at the write up. Go give it a quick read and especially check out the section entitled "Concert Reputation."

No comments: