Sunday, December 17, 2006


Finally Some Snow!


Dusty and I headed up to Moonlight Basin for their opening day. We got there fairly late due to a number of reasons that were all based around partying too much last night (wait for another post on that one).


In any case, we got up there and had heard they had a got a good snow dump the night before. Unfortunately, the conditions were horrible. I honestly can't believe they even opened. I've never skied or boarded on such terrible conditions. What little snow there was had become either ice or hard-pack. That's if you could find it while trying to avoid all the rocks, sticks, and dirt. I've got several new gouges in my board, and that was from just one run.


We both gave up after one run, had a beer and left. Unless there is massive dump it doesn't look like I'll be going back up before going home. Oh well....

No comments: