Friday, July 07, 2006

Skydiving Accident Lands Man In Hospital!

Some of you that read this may remember a guy named JP that used to work with me here in Montana. A few months ago he kind of disappeared and nobody was really sure what happened to him.

Well I heard yesterday that he (recently?) had a skydiving accident. Apparently he blacked out or passed out on the decent. I don't know if that was before or after his chute was deployed, but he was unconscious when he impacted the ground which meant that he had no brakes or control. I heard he hit something and you have to figure the speed would have been around 35mph give or take.

All we know is he was care flighted to a hospital in Seattle with massive injuries and we think he is currently in a drug induced coma. So far, we can't figure out which hospital he is in.

JP, if you are still out there we'll be thinking about you. May you have a speedy recovery.

3 comments:

Miss Carnivorous said...

Well, that is a good enough reason for me to avoid skydiving, every chance I get. I wonder how common blacking out is.

-bRad said...

I got a little bit of an update. Apparently JP was on some crash diet and when he popped his chute it was a shock to his system and he blacked out.

He then hit an irrigation wheel at about 40mph splitting his pelvis in half and severing his lower arteries. His pelvis, however, pinched those closed to a great degree and probably saved his life.

He flatlined on the way to the hospital and folks were told that he probably wouldn't make it.

Again, the latest word is that he is in a coma in Seattle, but nobody knows where for sure.

Miss Carnivorous said...

The update is not sounding good. I am sorry.