Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Just Some Babble

I posted this as a response on someone else's blog, but I heard a statistic yesterday that I found fairly interesting. Supposedly the median price that people can afford for a home that move into the Bozeman area is $150k ~ $180k.

Since I may be moving to Bozeman if I can ever get a contract worked out with my company I have been monitoring real estate up here for a while. There aren't any homes here for that price range. The lots start at about $130k and go up from there.

Most homes sit above the $300k mark and it seems like an average price for a nice home will run you somewhere around $400k.

So how are these people affording it? I know that most people here are getting their loans as interest only, 3 ~ 5 year ARMs. This is scary because if the interest rates continue to rise you are going to have forclosures all over the place.

Racism Continues

A friend of mine sent me an article in which it is pointed out that whites will cease to voice their opinion if it is contrast to what a black person is stating. The article goes on to point out that the liberals with all of their efforts to change the standards for blacks and continuing to single them out as the "most repressed" society within America is actually doing more harm than good to race relations in America.

Here is the original link

3 comments:

Miss Carnivorous said...

Brad, my house is 420 sq ft. It is an old beach cottage, no longer across from the beach. It is 20x22 ft. My friend calls it my little red shed. It is worth $325,000.00 here in California. At least you still can get a house with at least a bedroom in Bozeman.

Montana Diva said...

Oh my Miss C! That is so scarey. And for you, Brad, I found a beauty. A house, in downtown Belgrade that is listed at $425,000. I looked at the flyer on it last night and just about fell off my chair. The kitchen resembles a butler's pantry. Don't get me wrong, the place has some nice features and is listed at 3300 sq feet, but almost half a million in Belgrade? We are doomed. . .

-bRad said...

Mrs. C.....that's why I don't live in CA, either. Everyone is smoking crack these days.

At least Julie's listing has 3300 sq. feet. It's still over-priced.