Saturday, July 01, 2006

Day 6
Ottrott, France – Titisee, Germany – 305km


Nice day riding out of France. We didn’t have as many navigational issues as we had before. One thing is for sure, the women are better looking in Germany than France. I didn’t care much for France other than the twisties that were offered up. The people were borderline rude (ever been to NYC?). It smelled better than Germany, but it just didn’t impress me that much.

We played in the twisties in the morning and then crossed back into Germany by the afternoon. Arriving in Titisee was interesting as we came down through a mountain pass by a lake. There were some good picture taking opportunities but I was moving too quickly to stop for fear of being ran over.

The group I was riding with had to put in some extra miles after the day ride. For the most part, with the exception of day one, I have ridden the longer, more sporty routes on all of the days. At some points we were hitting 160kmh on the straights before jamming on the breaks and dropping the bike into a corner.

Titisee was really pretty and we had a nice buffet style dinner before heading down the strip to check out the local bars and brews. We met some local women and sat up until the wee hours of the morning enjoying the company and beverages. One of the guys I was with, Shawn, thought he had a chance of getting lucky with the locals, but she was married and was not going to stray very far.

Unfortunately, it was another hot hotel room and I left the windows open – which pretty much meant that I had to wake up at 4:30am and it made me very tired for the next day. Stupid me, I didn’t get any souvenirs in France.

No comments: