Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Not Much Going On Except the Rain

It's still raining here in Texas. I'd have to go back and really check, but it seems like with little exception that it's rained every single day for about the last two or three months. All of our lakes are flooded out and well over their full marks. Some of them are over the spillways while others are being drained via open floodgates so that the dams don't burst.

The Brazos river looked like it was up about 20+ FEET when I drove by it the other day and my roof has developed a small leak, which I can't fix because it won't stop raining. I can't mow the yard without leaving tracks, but at least my sprinklers have been off for a long, long, time.

Other than that, there really hasn't been too much going on. I took the boat back out to the lake recently and suffered a blow out on the trailer - that was a two hour period of introspective reflection while stuck on the side of I-20 in the middle of nowhere.

I've determined that the toys I want are just too expensive. Used Vette's are still going for $30+ thousand, as well as the used ski-boats I'd like to have at $40 and $50+ thousand. USED!!! Who can afford to buy them new?

My 'Priller battery died and cut short my only window of opportunity to ride in the last few weeks, but at least I got a few miles in.

The 4th Of July is coming up and I just don't have any plans. Not sure that I care to have any plans. I used to love to celebrate the 4th on the lake, but now.... it's just not the same.

The Amnesty bill was once again defeated for those of you not keeping track, but it still seems that our government is failing us, but I did manage to pick up a set of ratcheting wrenches at 50+ percent off from sears!

No comments: