Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Must Be A Terrorist!


Yesterday when I went to check in for my flight I went to one of the little kiosks like I usually do. It told me that it was unable to process my itinerary and I had to see an agent. Fortunately, the line wasn’t that long. Unfortunately, there were three sloth’s working the counters and it took forever to get to an agent.

When I finally got there I was informed that I am on the “No Fly” list. This is all new to me. “How does one get on the no fly list?” I ask. “We don’t know and we can’t tell you.”

“Does that mean I can’t fly?”
“No, it just means you have to always see an agent and we have to check you out.”

Now as many of you are aware, I travel a lot. Maybe not as much as some people, but definitely more than most. It’s usually not too bad to go up to a kiosk, check in and dump your bags before heading off to security. In some cases, I don’t even check a bag to make the process even that much faster.

But NOW I have to go see an agent. This means I have to allocate a substantial amount of time to do this. There are some flights I would not have made if I had to stand in that stupid line.

How do I get off the list? I can fill out a request with the TSA and submit some “paperwork” and then they will process it in some unknown amount of time. However, right now I can’t even fill that out online because the web site is hosed. That means I have to mail everything and that will have to wait until I am back home.

Big pain in the ass!!! Considering I fly about 60+ thousand miles a year and take roughly four flights a month and have been for years I am surprised I am on the “no fly” list. I don’t have an uncommon name so perhaps they have me confused with another anglo-saxon male that also has a similar European / American name. Perhaps if I was of middle-eastern descent and had a name like Mohammed Salami Fuquad I’d be able to fly with less hassle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sorry to hear that dude. Short Answer: you can't get off the list. People are starting to discover this fact. There was a 6 yo kid who was put on the list, and her parents haven't been able to get her off.

What kind of government do we have? I'm glad I've got my guns now.

We don't have to worry about immigrants taking our country, our goverment is taking it from us.