Sunday, July 29, 2007

‘Priller is Just Fine


Last week, Hopper and I had a small accident in which we ended up colliding while on our bikes. We are both fine, but the bikes suffered some minor damage. I think mine got the least of it as his fender hit my back tire and got my right-side tail-pipe.

The pipe itself came out mostly OK with some minor scratching and a hairline crack in the carbon fiber weave – all on the underside of the pipe. The worst thing that happened on my bike is that the steel band that holds the pipe on got munched pretty good. I took it all off the bike and straightened it out yesterday. Nothing like sweating your balls off in the garage and getting metallic fragments buried into your skin while you try to straighten something like this out. Fortunately, with some very minor exceptions your average person probably can’t even tell that something happened to the bike.

His bike got it much worse as his dresser fender got wrinkled up and crushed the front running light.

I felt really bad for him because he’s only had his “new” HD about a month and so far:

The seat almost came off of it in mid-ride because the bolts vibrated out. He said that it was a “pucker” moment and that his eyeballs almost touched his goggles.



His check engine light had been coming on – unknown as to why at this point.



His front fender is now damaged and will be far more difficult to repair than my ‘Priller.

No comments: