Tuesday, August 01, 2006


Eat, Drink and Re-Marry

That's Bling....one of my very good friends. He is getting married in a few days so we took him out for a bachelor party. I am not sure if it's because it is his second wedding, or because we are all older (please don't remind any of us) but we had a fairly good time without going overboard. We didn't fly to Vegas, rent a private suite, get some hookers, rent some farm animals, and ingest enough chemicals to make a supermodel party look tame by comparison.

Bling and one of his friends spent the day at a "man salon." That's one of the ones where they apparently get large breasted women to cut your hair, give you a shave, manicure, pedicure, etc. while they have sports on flat-screen plasma TV's along with your favorite cocktail and pool tables. I didn't do this as I had partied all night the previous evening with Grashopper and Ron (that is another story in and of itself).

After that me and some other friends met them at a fairly nice bar where we had some beverages and some food. Then we trekked across town to Pops Safari Cigar Bar. It's a really cool place that is kind of hidden away in the cultural district of Fort Worth. We had some nice port, and most of the group had a good cigar (I didn't) while we told war stories of wives, g/f's, etc. Bling and his friend spent a good while discussing the entire pedicure procedure and the paraffin wax treatment.

Finally, we had to do the obligatory strip bar. Again, it was fairly tame. We had a lot of girls come by and offer table dances. I turned them all down and told them I was taking care of "my boy, here." So we hooked him up a few times and then bought a dance for one of his friends that was shy and soft-spoken. He looked like a scared little puppy in that place. It was highly amusing watching him get a table dance.

I had multiple dancers ask me if I "approved" of the marriage. So I told them that I did. They then proceeded to tell me that a lot of guys ask the dancers to talk their friend out of getting married. I was a little surprised by this. Then I thought of the actual situation. In most cases, guys will try to talk guys out of getting married. Especially if they are younger. I do see a lot of young guys getting married to women that I just don't think are right for them. I think that has a lot to do with a lack of experience and / or immaturity. In Bling's case, he has been married before and he knows what to expect. I don't see this as a problem for him.

So it was a good night. Nobody danced on stage. Nobody stripped off all their clothes and declared it "national nudist night" And nobody puked or got arrested. And absolutely nobody called me in the morning to see if I had returned the goat. All in all, not a bad evening.

2 comments:

Miss Carnivorous said...

I think that Bling went back for second and third haircuts from the big breasted hairdressers at the man salon!

-bRad said...

I didn't think anyone knew about the 24-hour court-order restristion on the sheep. How did you find out?