Monday, August 21, 2006


FINALLY Got To Ride!

Yesterday I finally got to ride some of the roads in MT that I have been driving for over two years. It's interesting because a guy that I only sort-of-know let me borrow is Aprilia Mile and ride with him and his wife. I was surprised and taken by the offer. See, I am paranoid and rarely let anyone ride my bike. Especially if I have never seen them ride, etc. So I can't believe he offered it up.....but I was so stoked!!! So Robert, if you are reading this, a big thank you!! I had a great time.

We took the bikes up 191 and then up the mountain to Big Sky. Then had a coke and a smile, and turned around to come back. It wasn't a long ride, but it was very refreshing. I don't think the temps climbed above 85 and that was just about perfect to be riding. We straffed through the canyon and up the mountain. I didn't push the bike too much since it was a borrowed bike and I wasn't 100% familiar with it. The Mile' is very similar to my bike back home. Consider it the next model up. That made me fairly comfy, but I still didn't want to risk trashing his bike.

While we posted fairly illegal speeds, there were no accidents or tickets. Afterwards we went out to dinner and had a few beers. Let's say the conversation was "interesting." Not a bad way to wrap up the weekend!

Thanks again, Robert!

No comments: