Friday, August 25, 2006

Waxing Porky’s Pole

Don’t ask….just don’t ask. We were playing horseshoes the other night and somehow this phrase was thrown into the conversation. I don’t remember exactly how it got brought into the conversation. Only that it was and I thought “I have to use this somehow.”

It might be that we split three pitchers of beer while playing shoes between three of us. It might also be that Fuego (a.k.a. Porky) was an evil bastard and ordered us a round of Bookers on the rocks. If you haven’t had Bookers, you should try it. It’s a primo bourbon that clocks in somewhere in the 120+ proof range depending on what barrels were tapped to make it. Beyond that, I can’t remember the specifics of the conversation that brought up that particular tasty morsel of a phrase.

Angled Bar Stools

Ok, WTF is the deal with all the bars and restaurants up here angling the bar stools so that they are not perpendicular to the bar? It might be more aesthetically appeasing, but let’s face it, it is completely non-functional. Now when I go up to the bar I not only have to dick with the stool I want to sit on, I have to move two others out of the way. Is it just me or does anyone have a problem with this? And heaven forbid you get up and take a leak only to come back and all three stools are back where they were. What a major PITA. Are they doing it in TX? I hadn’t noticed, but I’ll be the first to petition against it. I think next time I’ll just move the other two bar stools out into the walkway. Maybe they’ll get the hint.

And speaking of coming back to TX…..it looks like the “tentative” on going home is quickly becoming a “we don’t know when the you can go back” type thing. At least I might be up here for Ski season. Too bad I already shipped my board home. Grrrrr……

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! I was in a Bar last night here in NY, and I know exactly what you mean by the bar stools, except in the bar I was in they are bolted right into the floor! I was trying to move away from this man who was anything but appealing to me, and when I tried to scoot my stool over I realized they are bolted right to the floor. They spin around so that you have to brush knees with who ever happens to be sitting next to you! And this is a real pain after the seal is broken. (you know what I mean) lol Ugh what a PITA! Glad to know its not just me, so feel free to add my name to that petition!