Saturday, June 17, 2006

T-Minus ONE Day!!!

Well, it's finally here. After all the planning, scheming, and large sums of cash it is my last day before I leave to go flog a foreign bike in a foreign country, drink some good German beer, see some beautiful countryside, eat some good food, make some new friends and check out some hot chickie babes.

I had started to realize how burned out on work I was when I finally had a "normal" week. It was the first "normal" week I had in about a year. I haven't really taken a good vacation in about four or five years. It's been seven years since I have been overseas. Things have changed a lot since then. The world has moved on. I have moved on. But I am still looking forward to it.

So I've got my money (both traveler's checks and cash), my passport, and my bags all packed up. If it wasn't for my bike gear I think I could get away with one backpack, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I do have a few disappointments:
I won't be here to spend time with my dad on Father's Day (tomorrow). HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dad's out there, including mine!
and
none of my friends are able to go with me on this particular adventure.

But....like I said, I'll be taking along several of you in spirit. I've already been asked to yell out a few friend's names in the pubs in Germany. I can just see them now: "Look at that crazy American. He just yells out random names every few minutes and drinks his beer!! And what is a 'Grasshopper?'"

BTW - I don't have everyone's address for post cards. Please do NOT post them on here unless you want some crazy person to hunt you down for knowing me. If you want a post card, email me and I'll try to get one in the mail for you. I think there is a link to my personal email on here. Otherwise, keep watching the blog for pics and updates!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in "the old country". And try not to speak your political opinions too loudly. I want you to come back in one piece.

Europeans are different from Americans. They actually study history and science and they don't watch Faux News.

Anonymous said...

Ok B, Sup? It's now T-minus 4 days till your return and still no update in your blog. Hope all is going well!

Montana Diva said...

Diane- thank you for saying something! LOL. I was wondering if Brad had fallen off planet earth or was just having so much fun he has not found a moment to post any updates for those of us he left behind. So, Brad, where are the crazy stories and the good pics? Hope you are not in a hospital and if you are that the nurses are all tall, blond and tending to your every need. Otherwise, best wishes and hope you are fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Hrmm.. yes very strange, although I am sure there is a logical explaination. They probably lost his luggage containing his lap top or something LOL Guess we will know by weeks end!

Anonymous said...

Betcha he forgot to take a universal adaptor so that his lap top would be compatible with European outlets! lol

Anonymous said...

lol oops I f'ed that up!

-bRad said...

Then most Europeans will remember that the U.S. has bailed them out of some prediciment in the past....

Faux news? What do you call everything the media has cranked out since Watergate?

I don't talk much politics, not my nature to do so. Besides, I was having a lot more fun learning about their culture than trying to tell them about ours.