Tuesday, June 06, 2006



When Dream and Day Unite

That is actually a title from a band called Dream Theater. They are one of my favorite bands out there today. You probably haven't heard of them because they don't write music that is conducive to radio play. It's very progressive, and a bit on the heavier side. Each member of the band is incredible on their own and combined they write very interesting music.

So why is that the title of my blog today? Well, I had a dream last night. My dream was fairly sad, but that is not what is odd. What is odd is that I rarely dream on a level that I can remember that I even had a dream. I've read that everyone dreams every night, but that you may not remember them. This is true for me. However, I have had four or five very vivid dreams over the last week. Some good, some not so good. Considering I usually only have a dream about once a month this is highly unusual. So what gives? That is the question.....

a brief word on politics......
My intentions were not to get into political and religious debates on my own blog site. I am not a political poster and there are plenty of other sites that invite a good political debate. I don't care to argue politics most of the time. Politics, like religion, can ruin a good relationship and I find it very difficult to have a discussion with people without someone getting emotional. That doesn't mean that I think we shouldn't talk about it or try to ignore it.
Want to argue some politics? Here is my dad's blog, he's far more right-wing and conservative than I am but we do tend to agree on quite a few things:
http://politicalangstinamerica.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Miss Carnivorous said...

I am so luvin on your Dad, Brad. Now he is a man who has his mind right on the issues!!!

Anonymous said...

You don't wish to argue politics on your own site? But you post political things. So that must mean you only wish to post your side of the story, but do not wish to be challenged on your statements.

But, I don't wish to really spend a lot of energy discussing politics with people either. Actions are far more important. I was just whiling away a Sunday afternoon.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

And one bit of success to report. I actually made contact with the drum teacher and have a lesson on Thursday evening! Progress (tho you probably hate progressives) IS being made!

-bRad said...

To Carnivorous - Like I said, he and I don't always agree on everything. But I always give him my ear.

To Aunt Barbara – I figured that might be misconstrued. I do appreciate the feedback even if it's an alternate point of view. I just do not care to argue politics, here. I don't go to parties to discuss work, either. This is for me to vent and post my opinions. You are still welcome to post yours, but I may choose to not get sucked into a political debate here. Besides, it has to be a challenging argument!! I'm just teasing you, I think you have some very interesting perspectives and opinions. It keeps me on my toes.

And for progress - why wouldn't I like progressives? My email tag line is actually a quote from Frank Zappa - "Without deviation there can be no progress

Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes I know that you are more moderate than your Dad and I, Brad, you see more shades of gray. Your Dad and I see in black and white!!!

-bRad said...

A lot of what I see is black and white, but sometimes those shades of grey are important. Our legal system is a great example, or excuse, of there being too much black and white and not enough grey. Common sense does not exist and criminals have more rights and protection than victims.

Anonymous said...

Personally, you can't beat black and white when yr looking for a hot outfit for a summer evening's party (white jeans and black T-shirt . . . add a string of pearls to jazz the ensemble).

Grey is fine for brain matters.

But give me color! Blues, hues, yellows, greens, reds, violets, desert colors, tropical colors, tundra colors. We live in such a gorgeous multiplicity of cultures and ideas . . . why live in a cage of black, white, grey?

And now, for the progress report:

Got the drum, had the first lesson. I'd forgotten how much I already know how to play. Sidy's place (Sidy is the teacher from Senagal--west African drum rhythms are so delicious!)--is such a wonderful little haven of multicultural interaction: Africans, Jamaicans, white kids from the midwest into nomadic mode, a Denver woman who's a certified chef and takes your order and goes to her house and makes the food, then brings it back.

People sitting out back playing drums and just talking about the universe and their dreams. I love this place! It's my new hangout spot. Plus, nothing loosens the spine like drumming and dancing to African drums.

When you and M return, I will take you guys there.

-bRad said...

That sounds awesome! If I ever make it down there with her we will have to do that. I'd love to check that out.