Thursday, June 01, 2006

To My Friends.....

Most of the people that should read this probably never will. Who are my friends? I am not talking about about aquaintences, or people I just hang out with every now and then. I am referring to my true friends, some of whom are no longer around to talk to. How do you know if you are that person? You just know....without having to be told.

My friends are the ones that:

  • i have laughed with
  • i have cried with
  • gotten completely hosed with
  • looked at the stars and questioned life and the rest of mankinds existence in the universe
  • kicked my ass when I needed it (and sometimes when I didn't)
  • pushed my buttons to see how far they could take it before I lost it
  • were there for me when I really needed it
  • ran from the cops with
  • got me in trouble just to see me squirm
  • put up with my idosyncronies
  • put up with my sometimes unfounded emotional behavior
  • listened to me when I thought they should hear something
  • ...continued to listen to me even though they thought I was full of crap
  • embarrassed the crap out of me if they could get away with it
  • challenged me intellectualy
  • challenged me phsyicaly
  • challenged me competitively
  • challenged me emotionaly
  • challenged me spiritiualy
  • acted like little kids with regardless of who else was around to see it
  • laughed at me when I acted like a fool or did something stupid - hopefully I was laughing too!
  • shared their thoughts and feeling with me
  • asked me for my advice or opinion - and sometimes even followed it
  • and on...and on...and on.

In any case, like I said....you just know without having to be told. Should I ever depart this earth unexpectedly just know that I loved you and appreciated you (and no I am not gay!!! only a friend would give me shit about that).

1 comment:

Montana Diva said...

Well, my dear, I would say you just about covered it and we are friends. I don't have to ask.