Tuesday, June 13, 2006

T-Minus 5 Days and Counting!!

Well it's almost time to go to Europe. I started the process of thinking of what I wanted to take and how to pack it quite some time ago. Today, I experimented with how to pack all of my bike gear. It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, but I think it will work nicely. I am constrained on my trip to the chase vehicle only carrying two bags per person. I want to have a gear bag, my clothes bag, and of course....my laptop and electronics so I can stay in touch. That's three bags. But.....if I can figure out a while to put one bag into another while in between stops then I am set.

So what all is here? Try this:

Full Set of Racing Leathers
Wind Stopper Suite (leathers are perforated)
Sidi Motorcycle Boots
Winter Gloves
Summer Glovers
Rain Suit
Helmet
Secondary Textile Jacket
Penlight
Leatherman
Thermals


And that is just for riding my bike!!! I have to have far more stuff since I can't just come back to the casa and grab something if I need it. I wanted this to all go in a small bag, but due to the armor in the jacket(s) and pants it wasn't going to happen that way. So what I ended up with was cramming it all into a large hard-shell suitcase. I am thinking that when I pull the majority of the gear out, I can fit my laptop / electronics back into this and that still gets me down to two bags.

So here is the carnage from trying to figure all this out, and how it ended up. I guess I'll just have to carry my helmet on the plane. BTW - I haven't even started on my clothing and electronic stuff, yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Didn't we just have a conversation about packing up everything you own for a trip? I understand you MAY need this stuff, but don't gimme anymore crap about over packing for a weekend in NY, See? ya never know what your going to need, so why not take everything? You crack me up B!

Montana Diva said...

Ok. I have to say this. I am so glad to read that you are a boy scout when you are doing something you love and enjoy as compared to a time I remember you getting stranded for work, without so much as a pair of gloves and it was the middle of winter in Montana. LMAO. Snowmobiles or lack there of. Roads that were not plowed and bald tires ring any bells? LOL. Looks like you are well on your way to being totally prepared for this trip!

-bRad said...

Di - there is a big difference between taking everything I think I am going to need vs. everything I own..... or even own related to motorcycles. There is a ton of gear, bags, and tools that I will not be taking.

Julie - and yes, I remember.