Wednesday, June 14, 2006

An Email From A Friend

Here is an email from a friend of mine. I got a good laugh out of it:


Hey you twisted fucker -

ONLY YOU could make packing bags a logistical issue~!

You a a truly pathetic GEEK !

all true....except the "pathetic" part. OK, maybe that is true. what can I say?

Are you laying out ALL of your items and "checking them off" on your SPREADSHEET ? LOL !
I do have a checklest, but no spreadsheet.

Probably... I find it hilarious how "meticolous" you can be...
I'm sure they meant meticulous. But yeah, I'm pretty anal at times.

Personally - I would have done the spreadsheet last week !
- had the load already analyzed, weighed and balanced,
- all items tagged with their spreadsheet line item marked in indelible ink
- plus an RFID tag in place for easier accounting.
That's a good thought..... but you forgot to cross reference the serial tags with the spreadsheet on a PDA / Blackberry and some asset tracking so that you would immediately know if everything was accountable.

You are carrying "bluetooth " with you - correct? You should therefore be able to cobble together a scanner with no trouble.
Nope! I do not have a bluetooth device. I am really not a gadget freak.


And WHAT ABOUT spare parts for your scooter???

We expect to see the 18 wheeler already in Europe on the ground !
MY bike is staying right here in good 'ol Hotter Than Hell Texas. I am renting a BMW. If you weren't such an old bastard you would have been able to read that already. Get with the program.


Get with it Bud !

Oh, and we do EXPECT daily updates of your travels...



Of course!

No comments: