Tuesday, June 13, 2006


More Europe Stuff - Still Getting Ready

So my plan is to grab the maps that were sent to me, along with the tour book, and highlight my routes. Should be simple, right? WRONG!! I have already discovered that the German's do not call their towns the same thing that we do. As an example, Munich is spelled on the map as "Munchen." How am I, as an American supposed to know that? American's are horrible at geography and I am no exception to that rule.

As you can see here, I had people on the phone, my laptop out (for Google Earth), the tour book, highlighters and everything else. This was only the FIRST day in which there were no alternate routes. All the other days I have to figure out the primary as well as the alternate routes. This simple task for only the first day took me over an hour. I am going to have to get on the stick if I want to have them all done by the time I leave.

The finished product with a highlighted route.....

No comments: