Wednesday, June 07, 2006



I Want to Go Faster Than The Speed of Light!

And this is just the bike to do it with!! It's the Kawasaki ZX-14. The fastest production sport bike made. A "gentleman's" agreement of the manufacturers limits the top speed of the bike to 186mph. Yes, that is correct....you can roll one of these off the showroom floor and hit 186mph without modifications to the bike. Quarter mile times are in the low to mid 9's. All stock, and all under $12k.

....and I want one. I don't need one. Not anymore than some women crave chocolate, but I'd really like to have one. So now I have to figure out how much of that want will be transferred to greenbacks. Even the insurance wouldn't be any more (maybe less?) than what I pay today. And, if I buy it in Montana there is no state sales tax. Give me time and I'll figure out a way to talk myself into it.

Vertical Windows vs. Horizontal Blinds

Here in Montana a lot of the architecture uses vertical crank-out windows. That is, windows that are on a vertical axis and rotate outwards. This is great, this is fine. BUT....why do people install horizontal blinds on these things? If the wind is blowing in the blinds have to be all the way up or they "clack" back and forth and make a hell of a noise. Can't open the window to let the cool air in, or I have to have the blinds all the way up. This is not conducive to me getting any real rest.

Speaking of, yes, another night of dreaming. Very odd....

4 comments:

Montana Diva said...

The bike is a beauty and I can see you talking yourself into it as soon as your feet are firmly planted anywhere for more than 2 weeks. I would warn you that the MHP will not take too kindly to the 186mph that you will probably try on the extensive amount of open road we have just made for a machine like that. I will note the red blur as it flies by my slow-moving (80mph) car, as you and most likely call you a few choice names for driving too fast. LOL.

A note on horizontal blinds and vertical crank-out windows. I think some person somewhere invented these to get the last laugh, just to chuckle every time he thinks that somewhere he knows that some poor schmuck has the only type of window covering he can on these ridiculous windows that inevitabley will prevent a regular night's sleep or at the very least, a good cat nap. What can I say? I am a cynic.

-bRad said...

You don't, or shouldn't, ride a bike like that at those speeds on public highways anyway. Anything over 150mph is rediculous!

My friend, Bling, was telling me that I had said some disparanging remark about the bike being "just another big-engined bike" or something to that effect. After reading the reviews, and sitting on one, I have been fairly impressed.

Miss Carnivorous said...

I used to have crank windows in my bungalow, but someone removed them in the 70's and put ugly aluminum windows in instead. I would give anything to have my hand crank windows back!

Anonymous said...

If you want to go faster than the speed of light, try the speed of dark.