Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Word on Environmentalist

Here is a link to a speech given by Michael Crichton in San Francisco back in 2003. Crichton was one of my favorite authors, but fell out of favoritism with many people due to his unapologetically viewpoints and stance against fear mongering with regards to environmentalist and politically motivated zealots.

http://www.crichton-official.com/speech-environmentalismaseligion.html

Crichton, as an author, is able to verbalize his opinions in ways that I am not. I simply do not have that particular talent in a way that he does. He may not be able to mow the yard as eloquently as I can, either.

I’ve often felt that politics and religion are very similar and for the same primary reason that Crichton states – that facts become irrelevant and people believe what they want to believe. If you don’t believe me, find someone with opposing political views and try to convince them that your views are the correct ones. Make sure you back it up with facts, nto beliefs. It wont’ make a difference.

The same thing is true of environmentalist fear mongering and global warming. I’ve written about this before, but Crichton is far more compelling and articulate than I am.

No comments: