Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Annoying Sales Chick

Last week, I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and picked up a couple of collapsible camping chairs. They had the super cheapies on sale for about $6.00, but I tried them out and they were uncomfortable and pretty flimsy.

I ended up getting the fat-bastard camp chairs because they were comfy, roomy, and most importantly had a mesh area on both the back and bottom of the chair. Turns out they would hold up to 350lbs, and since they were roomy (i.e. big) that is why I call them the fat-bastard camp chairs.

In any case, I take them to the counter to checkout. The girl asks me if I have a reward card. “No” I tell her. I probably do, but I don’t carry those things around with me or on key chains like everyone else. I hate these things.

So she grabs a rewards card stack and says how she can just sign me up and shows me the cards. “Fine.” I tell her. She then grabs the forum to fill out and says she’ll just need my information. “Umm…that’s why I don’t want one of those. I don’t want to fill one of those out.”

“Oh…well it’s not a problem, if you’ll just show me your ID I’ll fill it out for you.”

So I flash my ID, but I clearly did not intend to take it out and give it to her. “I can get it off your credit card……”

“No, you can’t. That’s illegal.” SURPRISE!

“What?”

“yeah, that’s illegal. You can’t copy my personal information off the credit card onto any forms or pieces of paper.”

“oh. Well they just want to send you fliers and other coupons and information.”

“exactly. That’s why I don’t want to sign up for all that.” I get enough junk mail, don't you?

She finally gave up, but I have to hand it to her. She was very persistent!!! Her manger should give her a cookie for her effort.

No comments: