Sunday, October 07, 2007

Floors are Finished!

Well, it's been a long while coming but the floors are finally all wrapped up!! Here is the original post on when I started the project. http://invioletlight.blogspot.com/2007/09/new-floors.html Over the last week I was able to acquire the transitions (shown below) that go from the wood floor to the tiled floor. I had to sand them down a few times and try a few different stains and varnishes but I think I got them where they look good and then we glued them in.


Of course, then the project escalated because I had to get rid of my old entertainment cabinet for my stereo. Because the new one didn't have a true cabinet below it, I had to find some new storage for my DVD's. I was already over-running my old CD rack so I ended up buying a whole new one of those, too. In the end, I think it worked out....

Here are a couple of before pics and then the after pics!






Wood and glue for the floors: ~ $1600.00

Transitions: ~$120.00

New Stereo Rack $400

New CD Rack $300

Trips to hardware, floor, or lumber store: ~7

Hours into the project? Hard to say for sure, but somewhere around 50 or 60 if you count all the trips to the stores and stuff., but I am very pleased with the way everything turned out! And again, many thanks to my friend Andy (aka Droid) without whom this would not have been possible.

No comments: