Friday, October 26, 2007

More Plane Morons

On the flight out there was an obnoxious guy sitting across the isle from me. Next to him was an older guy that was clearly from India. The obnoxious guy is trying to strike up a conversation with the poor fellow who clearly does not speak English very well (not that I can write it any better!).

So I hear the guy ask the Indian a question a couple of times, and then he proceeds to increase his volume until he is practically yelling at the guy. Now I realize I am no master of physics or human psychology, but the last time I checked you couldn’t make people understand you any better by yelling at them if they didn’t speak the same language.

I wanted to yell at this guy “HE DOESN’T SPEAK ENGLISH. HE CAN’T UNDERSTAND YOU.” “why are you telling at me?” “BECAUSE HE CAN’T UNDERSTAND YOU.”

I’m not sure he would have gotten it and something tells me that I would still be detained by the friendly TSA folks at SJC.

No comments: