Friday, October 12, 2007

Burning it on Both Ends Again!


I've had plenty of time to reflect on my life and where I am at. How did I come by all this time? Quite simply by being in my truck or on my bike back and forth to the Big D many, many, many times over the last month.
I'm not a big fan of Dallas, TX. I don't care much for the people and the lifestyle (too pretentious). I don't like the city council or the school board (morons). And I especially don't like the traffic.
I don't go to Dallas, much. Usually for Dallas Stars games or some concert. Lately, though, I have been to Dallas (or some part of the area) more in the last month than I have been in the last three years. Why so much? A few quick reasons:
1) work! I've had clients in the area requesting time from me in some fashion or another.
2)Home projects - while most of the materials for the wood flooring came from Arlington, some of the pieces like the transitions came from Dallas and I made multiple trips to get them.
3)events - concerts and shows that I wanted to go see
4) new friends - especially one in particular that I've been trying to see whenever I have the time.
So during all this time I've done my usual thinking about the way things are going. Maybe, for me, it's simply thinking about thinking. With some minor exceptions I have been pulling things back together over the last year since being home. I have a few more things I'd like to work out or straighten out. Always striving to be better. And does it really mean anything? I just watch my fuel gauge get lower and lower. Maybe I should get something more fuel efficient, like a Corvette!!!!
BTW - for those that don't ride - when you ride a motorcycle you lean the bike over into the corners to counter the effects of g-force. As you lean the bike over, the contact patch of the tire to pavement moves to the side of the tire. The more cornering you do, the more you wear out the sides of your tires. The harder you corner, the further to the side of the tire you wear them. The space that never gets worn down is called a chicken strip because you are too scared to come through the corner fast enough to get your bike over and utilize the edge of the tires. Does the above picture make more sense, now?

No comments: