Saturday, May 19, 2007

They Are Everywhere....

....stupid people that is. It never ceases to amaze me how many stupid people there are in the world. I'm not just talking about ignorance. There is a difference between being ignorant and stupid.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge - I'm ignorant when it comes to something like quantum particle physics.

Stupidity is the inability to learn or grasp concepts. If you are a moron you will never understand the principles behind quantum particle physics.

Then again, after a few beers you just might think you understand the principles behind quantum particle physics and end up in the hospital after trying to build your own particle accelerator out of the remnants of your recently drank Budweiser 24-pack and the TV that stopped working a month ago.

In any case, I am chillin' on the plane yesterday morning and there is a guy that is flapping his gums the whole time. I couldn't hear him because I had in my earplugs and iPod. But when it was time to land I had all that off so I could hear him perfectly. I could also hear the woman next to him, which I gathered was not his wife, but they would have made a perfect couple.

It all started when we were descending and I believe we were out over Lake Lewisville. She was looking out the window and they were trying to figure out which lake it was. "Well there aren't many lakes in Texas." (where did they get this information? How do you figure you support 6.2 million people in the metroplex without lakes?). "Look at the map, there are two lakes in the area." (this was a TERMINAL map of DFW airport in the back of the American Way magazine!).

The flight attendant announced our arrival gate, baggage claim, and connecting gate information. All of which was conveniently accessible via the SKYLink. Now the guy starts thinking out loud, "I bet that is a simple little tram on the ground or something." Hello? "SKY" in "SKYLink" should ring a big bell. And then he goes off on public transportation for cities that I've been in and he's clueless. It's amazing he found his way out of a paper bag, much less on my flight into DFW.

They then proceeded to have a conversation across the isle with these cute college chicks that were heading to Hawaii to spend a semester "studying" something......migratory mating rituals, perhaps? In any case, the lady is talking about how she was in Hawaii once and they saw the whales migrating and breeding (and you thought migratory mating principles was a joke!). The guy says, "I'd be afraid to be around them. What if they accidentally swallow you?"

The problem was that at this point I couldn't tell if the guy was kidding or not. It would have been a good joke, except because of how stupid he was I thought maybe he didn't realize that they couldn't eat you.

But this isn't just on the plane. It's everywhere. And it's very disturbing. They are "dumbing" down the education in schools. Illegal Mexican immigrants are flooding into TX and California, and I'm sorry, their IQ levels are not anywhere near that of the average Anglo Saxon Euro-Decent. It's not racist, it's factual. I think that the dumbing down of the school system is having a far wider and reaching effect than we think.

A while back I posted a blurb about the movie Idiocracy. I see it happening already. We are heading for disaster.

2 comments:

Conan The Librarian said...

Correct and you are not racist. It's every where, including sports which I don't even care for. Every one is an equal. Good luck America in 50 years.

Miss Carnivorous said...

Got help us if we could get the whales to eat them it would be good for the environment and the country. Save the whales, feed them all the idiots!