Saturday, May 26, 2007

An Inconvenient Movie

Well, I finally got "An Inconvenient Truth" in my Netlfix and had a chance to watch it. Now, almost 2 years later.

To some extent I have seen this "backwards." I know almost all the arguments and flaws that are pointed out in the movie. I also know that a lot of the predictions of the film did not, in fact, come true.

That being said, it was fairly well put together. It was campy at times, with Gore being introspective and thoughtful as he was driven around in his private limo, on his personal jet, or in a first class cabin to China.

One of the things about the movie that I did like is that there is a definitive effort to make us (people) aware of our changing environment and be cognizant of our role in those changes, even if the movie falsely purports them.

Ultimately, I find it ironic that in the synopsis of the film it is already contradicting itself. "Laying out the facts of global warming without getting political, Gore makes a sobering impressions....."
And yet, in the same synopsis "....waging a passionate campaign -- not for the White House, but for the environment."
And in the movie, he brings politics into the film at least a 1/2-dozen times or more.

How is that NOT political? I can't say it surprises me too much as Gore is a person that obviously does not believe he should be subject to the same rules that he preaches to others.

No comments: