Saturday, May 05, 2007

Greetings from California!


I am in Sunny California. We actually got a little bit of rain over the last two days but today is gorgeous!! I took La Honda drive into Half Moon Bay for a nice drive and some killer sushi at place called Sushi Main Street. It's my favorite sushi place, but I only get to go about once every couple of years.

They also had a classic motorcycle show at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay. I drove by it, but there were so many people I didn't bother to hang out. I did make it up and down the coast a bit and got a couple of photos of the cliffs and shoreline.

BTW - La Honda drive is awesome!!! Lots of bikes all over the place. I was really wishing I had my bike out here. I am really jealous of those that get to do that every weekend. The giant redwood trees and the winding road put a big grin on my face for most of the drive.

As you can imagine, there were plenty of write-ups in the paper about the immigration protests that were being held last week. If you haven't figured it out by now, I support LEGAL immigration but am anti-ILLEGAL immigration. I do not support amnesty for the illegal immigrants and I think we should ship their ass back to wherever they came from. It's appalling to me that people are marching in protest to support criminals.

Some people say that logistically that would be a nightmare. Maybe, but look at how much money illegal immigration already impacts our country. I would be hard pressed to believe that it would cost us more to send them home than to continue to deal with the problem; not only today, but at the increasing number of illegal aliens.

But first, we have to secure our borders. Does anyone have a dog? You know, "fluffy?" What happens to Fluffy when the fence is broken, or doesn't exist? Fluffy runs out of the backyard and goes wherever he or she pleases. Fluffy might even come back and wind up on the front porch wanting some food or water. Stick Fluffy in the back yard without mending the fence and you can bet that Fluffy won't stay there long. Our borders are the same way. You can't begin shipping illegals out of the country if you aren't willing to enforce the borders in the first place.

All that being said, I also think the INS is jacked when it comes to people trying to enter the country legally. It certainly appears as though anyone that makes the effort to enter the country legally is paying the price while those that enter illegally have it made. Somehow that just rubs the wrong way.

No comments: