Monday, May 22, 2006

Tidbits from the edge.....

Man Drinks More Beer than Budda and Ron!!
Budda is my nextdoor neighbor back home in TX. He is a serious beer drinking, but he likes his whiskey, too. I don't even try to keep up, there is no way I can do that. Ron is one of my best friends. He's completely crazy and puts away more beer than most people I know. However, there may be a guy who beats them both!!!
In an article that was forwarded to me by Bling! (another friend of mine) a property manager discovered a real mess apparently upon receipt of a complaint. The man who had lived there (unnamed) put away an astonishing 70,000 cans of Coors Light. Figure that's 24 beers a day, 365 days a year for 8 years straight!!
Click on the pic below for the actual article....
And the Cheap Bastard Award Goes To:
....my friend Nils. I'm a pretty serious cheap bastard. Not that I don't spend money. But I try to be careful with how I spend it. If I can get away with spending less to acomplish the same thing, I genearaly will! So last month I am in town and there is a speed trap setup on I-20 near Nils' house. I give him a ring to let him know about it so he won't get a ticket on the way in. He tells me "I don't have to worry about it. I drive the speed limit because it costs less money." What? Are you serious? Yup. That's Nils. Cheap to the extreme.
Other Stuff
Well I submitted a contract proposal to my company to ensure my employment so that I can move to Montana. I haven't heard anything back as of yet, so I don't know where that is. They want me to move up here and I want a guarantee of employment to do so. Very expensive up here, mostly due to real estate which is about 2.5 times that of Texas.

No comments: