Monday, May 22, 2006

Euro Trip Notes Pt 2.

I still haven't made it to Europe, yet. But I did get my information pack in the mail today. I was so excited that I am not even going to go hike or anything. I had to start checking it out immediately!!!

It's got a bunch of stuff in there including a booklet that explains each day / leg of the tour that is complete with route information (one for a casual route and a longer one for sport riders!), highlights of the towns, some common English-to-German translations, where we are staying and all that good stuff. It even includes space for a diary, but I will be making an effort to record that info here so that people can read it. I read day-1 and had to put it down for a bit due to be overwhelmed.

Also included in the pack is a map for each the various countries and regions, some custom luggage tags to help identify our gear that we will be traveling with, a list of other riders (22 in the group), and a placard of road signs and their meanings.

All in all it's a LOT of information. I need to keep digging through it to absorb it all. Part of me is very excited about it. A small part of me (the analytical / anal side) is thinking about all this information and how to process it. Then there is the adventurous side that is saying "Fuck it...you don't need to read all that!! Just go for it!" Yeah, that's the side that gets me in trouble all the time.

26 days and counting!!

No comments: