Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Moving Through It....

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. As you could tell from the previous post it was rainy and cold in Bozeman so I am glad that I ended up in Denver. The weather was beautiful and company was great. I can't say that we actually did a whole lot except hang out in the park and go check out a fair in Boulder. That was all we needed though. I even did a bungee trampoline thingie.

My friend's aunt is a very spiritual and holistic person. She is a very creative and well read person as well. We had some very good conversations and she even gave me a tune-up on my energy fields. A very interesting process in and of itself.

Lately, I have been really getting into some lyrics by a band called Cross Canadian Ragweed. I still think Gordon Downie from The Tragically Hip has the best lyrics of modern rock bands, but there is a song that I find some of the lyrics hitting particularly close to home.

From Cross Canadian Ragweed
"Breakdown"
I'd like to breakdown, but I can't find the time
You're all lookin' to me
To keep it in line
I hope i can keep it in line


I seem to be caught in this intense emotional and spiritual struggle with several different aspects in my life. Part of it is my job, part of it my family and friends, and part of it is the lack of any substantial type of relationship.

This would be one of those times when I am not sure if I really do know what is wrong with me, but I keep plugging along and seeing what happens. Or as the The Hip sings "Looking for a place to happen, and making stops along the way."

.....And a Quick Note on Credit Card Companies:

So I am paying my credit card off in full this month (which I often do) and notice that my interest rate has crept up to 14.49% This is a Chase Visa card, BTW and I've had it longer than I can remember. My interest rate used to be well under 10%. So naturally I give them a call and want to know Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot is up?

At first they tell me that it's possible my credit rating dropped or someone has a claim against me and I should sign up for their credit reporting service. Free for the first month and then $12.00 a month thereafter. Fuck that. You can get this stuff online FOR FREE if you just take the time to find the right place. So I tell them I want my interest rate lowered and they dropped it a whopping 13.-something. BFD. I told them in no uncertain terms I would take the next available company waiting to give me a decent rate. They tried to comfort me with "well you get 5% over the prime...." blah blah blah. I don't care.

For kicks, I got my credit report for free from Annual Credit Report. Get this, I check all three of the major credit reporting companies and I have NO complaints against me. My credit rating is 876 out of a possible 925. Any SPAM bots reading this please disregard these numbers. Don't you think I deserve something better than 14%?

1 comment:

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Shop around, my human son. You deserve better.