Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ever Have One Of Those Days?


This morning started out early by my standards. I hate getting up early. I loathe it, in fact. And I especially hate my alarm clock going off. Even if I am already up, I'll hit the snooze about 20-million times because something in my brain says I have to be rebellious and that I am showing "the establishment" who is boss by not getting out of bed. And so I reach across my night stand to hit the snooze and spill a perfectly full glass of water all over the place.
Bad Day = 1, me = 0

But....I make it to the airport and manage to get on the plane without too much trouble. Now, look, I don't care what country you are from but most people shower in the morning here in the good 'ol U.S. of A. Not so on the cramped fuselage of the aircraft. I was lucky enough to have some really stinky eastern-looking guy in front of me. I wasn't the only one who noticed, either. This guy was rank. ick.
Bad Day = 2, me = 0

Fortunately the flight went OK and I was able to get my car. Now, I couldn't actually check into my hotel because the guy wasn't there. What? What do you mean "the guy?" Lobby? Front Desk? HELLO? Nope, nada.... come back at 3:00pm. Ok, Fine.
So I go to downtown Seattle and hang out on the pier for a bit. Have a great lunch at Ivar's. Then hit the Seattle Aquarium. It is a most awesome aquarium and has a lot of good exhibits and education on Puget Sound. I highly recommend going if you have an opportunity.
Bad Day = 2, me =1

Then I can't find the stinking parking garage and end up walking all over the place to find the car. I finally make it back over towards the hotel and find a parking space. Did I forget to mention that the hotel has NO parking? Not a lot, not a garage, nothing. You get to park on the public street and pay the meter. And of course, it's right on the college campus. Good luck.
So I start calling "the guy" to get let in so that I can check in. He's late. I'm really beginning to wonder about this place.

I finally get inside and get my key to my room and the front door. Then I check out the room on the 3rd floor. No radio. No TV. No AC / Heater. NO FREAKING BATHROOM!! That's right folks, it's a European 3rd world style hotel with a shared bathroom for the whole floor. That was it. I lost it. I called Orbitz and told them no way Jose. Give me my money back and find me a different place. Fortunately, they were very accommodating.
Bad Day = 3, me = 1

So now I drive to the new hotel. It's substantially farther away due to being cheap. I'm just trying to save the company a buck. In any case I get there and there is no record of my reservation. An hour or so later we finally get Orbitz on the phone and they straighten the whole thing out. Great. I finally get a room and get to put my bags down at about 5:30pm. Considering my flight left at 8:05am I'd say that kind of bites the big one.
Bad Day = 4, me = 1

To top the whole day off, the client that I am out here to train calls me last minute and makes the third or fourth change to the schedule and what they want done. Now I have to teach Thursday 1/2-day and all day on Friday. So now, not only do I not have enough material developed, I don't even have the right kind of material developed. Oh well, not my fault but I'll try to make it work out. I can't say I am looking forward to it, though.
Bad Day = 5, me =1

I'm going to bed.....going to get some rest. Tomorrow will be a new day, and you never know....it may turn out better than expected.

No comments: