Friday, September 07, 2007

Ever Have One of Those Weekends?


Where things just seem to go right for a change? We always talk about them going obscenely wrong, and I’d say that if you make plans then most of the times things are going to happen that don’t fit in with your plans.

Last weekend was one of those rare times where things not only went as planned, but they turned out better than planned!

I had to be up in Montana to do some work, and while the work-week was hectic my friend Hopper was flying in to come party with me over the holiday weekend. He’d never been to a place like Montana before so I wanted to show him how beautiful it was and to give him an idea of “my world” for the 2 years that I lived there.

I started getting sick on Friday morning at about 4:00am. At 6:15am Hopper called me to let me know he had his first beer and was getting ready to catch the flight.
“What’s up?”
“mhrem…sleeping…”
“I got my first beer and getting ready to get on the plane!!! IT’s ON!!!!”
“great. See you later.”
*CLICK*

Then he gets in and we proceed to start off with Elk burgers and Blue Moons. From there, it’s pretty much a blur. Suffice it to say that we had very little in the way of a plan. The loose plan was this:

• Shut the bars down at night
• Hike up to Palisades Falls
• Hike the M
• Play horse shoes with my friend’s Fuego and Bentley.
• Go to Big Sky

Whatever else would happen would happen. Other than that, we put no constraints on doing other things or even sticking to a schedule. The closest we got to that was playing shoes up at Fuego’s just because of trying to get everyone together up there.

• The fires had been burning up in MT for quite some time, but when Hopper flew in the winds shifted and cleared out the skies for the weekend.
• We got to enjoy Palisades Falls almost all by ourselves.
• Our friends came out to see us and party with us almost every night.
• Fuego’s place was awesome and we had a great time throwing shoes and checking out the amazing stars that came out. We even saw multiple satellites with the naked eye.
• We got to check out a 700+ lb black bear that was someone’s pet.
• We saw milfs and young college chickie-babes on the M
• We shut the bars down just about every night.
• Our friends let us borrow motorcycles and ride with them up to Big Sky as opposed to doing it in a car.
• We had a lot of laughs, and nobody got arrested!

It was a bummer getting up and catching the flight out on Tuesday and both Hopper and I were done by then anyway. It was a long, but very good weekend. I really enjoyed sharing what I think is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen with a close friend, and having them appreciate it as much as I do! Cheers, Hopper!

No comments: