Friday, August 03, 2007

Dream Theater In Concert!

Last night Dream Theater played at the Nokia building. The first two bands weren’t that good and I’m surprised that anyone even opened for DT as they typically don’t have opening acts.

DT started up about 9:00pm and it took about an hour to get through four songs. So far so good!!! Over all, it was a totally awesome concert! Those guys are just wrong, though. People shouldn’t be able to play that well for that long.

The only critical things I would say are that:
1 – James Labrie (lead vocalist) is getting pretty thin on top and needs to cut that shit off!! He’d be better off doing something different.

2 – James also flubbed a few lines on a song. I think he forgot the lyrics for a moment. Either that or the sound system was having a problem.

3 – I was slightly disappointed that they only played for a little over 2 hours! They usually play for closer to 3 hours.

Otherwise a most excellent show!

BTW – a big Thank You to Hopper for buying me a few beers and loaning me a few bucks for a shirt. I didn’t exactly have a way to spend much cash (see previous entry!).

No comments: