Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Look Into My Eye!


Today is my birthday. I turn 36 today. Sometimes it’s hard to believe I have made it this far in my life. Sometimes, I get tired and I wonder how I am to go another 35+ years (should I be so lucky).

But over all, I love life. I don’t always like what it has to offer, but each experience is an experience. And I’m in a pretty good spot. I still have my parents and immediate family, I have some good friends, and I have a good job and a roof over my head. Things could always be substantially worse.

And yet, here I am….36. I wanted to go Sky Diving for my Bday. Maybe I still will. The weekend is coming up, ya know?

When the color of the night
And all the smoke for one life
Gives way to shaky movements,
Improvisational skills,
A forest of whispering speakers
Let’s swear that we will get with the times,
In a current health to stay
Let’s get friendship right
Get life day-to-day
In the forget-yer-skates dream
Full of countervailing woes
In diverse-as-ever scenes
Proceeding on a need-to-know
In a face so full of meaning
As to almost make it glow

O’for a good life, we just might to weaken
And find somewhere to go
Go somewhere we’re needed
Find somewhere to grow
Grow somewhere we are needed.
Find somewhere to go
Let’s go somewhere we’re needed
Find somewhere to grow
We grow where we are needed

…..The Tragically Hip

1 comment:

Hopper said...

Hip! Hip! Hip!