Sunday, March 11, 2007

Another Apple!


For the second time in my life I now own another Apple product. Not that I really have anything against Apple other than they consistently overprice their products. My first Apple was an Apple IIc. I thought it was killer back then and I saved all my money just so I could bump up the RAM to 512KB. It had a a 360kb floppy drive, and no color monitor. Just a little 10" green screen on a funky stand.

Now, many years later, I have bought another Apple. The infamous iPod. I'm sure almost all of you have been using them for years, but traditionally I stuck to MP3 players that had no moving parts and relied on memory, not hard drives, for their storage. IRIVER were my favorites, but you just can't get enough RAM in them to make them comparable to the 30GB iPods.

So I broke down and picked one up. Yesterday, I put about 200 miles on my bike with it. I'm still getting used to it, but so far it works great. I just have to "tweak" my music collection in the iTunes program so that it looks and feels like I want it to.
Now if they would just bring the price of their laptops down to something decent.....

No comments: