Monday, March 26, 2007

I Shoped and Saved!


Over the weekend Bling! and I were out looking for a bike for Mrs. Bling! (she still hates that). We found some interesting deals, but I think I came away with a pretty good one.

I had been needing a new helmet for quite some time. You are only supposed to wear a helmet from 3 ~ 5 years because the foam liners that protect your skull break down over time. My old Arai helmet was easily at the 5-year mark and maybe older!

I found a new helmet that I liked, also and Arai, but it goes for about $650 and that is far more than I wanted to spend on a new lid. When I was at one of the dealers the Shoei representative was there and asked if I ever tried them. I had in the past, but they didn't fit my odd-shaped skull. He said they had changed some of the shapes and had me try one on. It fit pretty good, but again I was looking at $600+ for a new helmet. Forget that.

On to another dealer. They had a handful of these helmets on a baker's rack for 50% off, but nothing that would fit me. I started talking to one of the guys and to make a long story short he was able to let a few go for almost the same discount. I don't know if you can tell by the sticker, but the original price of this helmet is $692.00!!! I was able to get it for $415!! That's a savings of $277!!! I am not overtly fond of the paint scheme, but I couldn't pass up that kind of deal when I needed one anyway.

No comments: