Monday, September 25, 2006


Ever try to give a Ferret a Perm??

Me either. I don't think it would work too well. But look at this? It's a site that makes clothes for ferrets. This has got to be akin to those people that like to dress up their dogs. But I have to ask these people..... Are you fookin' high? I mean, seriously, look at it --->

It looks like a deranged Easter bunny, or something you might see while tripping on some bad acid.

In other news, I was blamed for:
1 - ruining someone by introducing them to Jager-Bombs. This elixir is easily made by dropping a shot of Jagermeister into a 1/2 glass of Red Bull. It's quite tasty and does a good job of getting people hosed and amped up at the same time. Personally I can't sleep on the the things due to the Red Bull. But this person apparently got completely hosed on them and then suffered a hangover....all my fault, even though I wasn't there. Glad to know I have influenced someone's life. Thank god I didn't see the picture of the ferret while I was having my Jager bombs.

2 - the other thing I was blamed for was preventing the three ladies I was out with from having any guys hit on them. At least that was theory the next morning when they cornered me in a booth of a breakfast joint while we all nursed our heads from the night before. They sprung the theory on me like a bad trap. I was cornered like the above mentioned ferret and I didn't have a way out. However, I agreed with the theory for the most part. Because I was there, they probably didn't get hit on by other guys. I guess guys are the same way, but what do you....oh gentle reader...think? Do women or men approach a table of guys with one chick, or a table of chicks with one guy? Isn't there more to the dynamics then that or is that enough to scare someone off?

Harley Davidson Plays Catch-Up
or tries to anyway.... I'm not a big HD fan. I used to be when I was a kid. Before I realized that I, like millions of other people, were being brainwashed by the HD marketing juggernaut. But I figured it out by the time I started riding bikes.

So anyway, I used to love obligatory phrase "Go Big or Go Home" spewed from the mouth of God knows how many HD zombies. Only thing is, for a long time now HD has not made the largest V-Twin engine out there. Not even close. Well, they finally unveiled a 1800cc (that's a 110-inch motor for you non-metric folks out there) engine. And it STILL isn't the largest production engine.

Here is was really gets me..... this big-ass engine, in a bike that costs $25,000 puts out a whopping 89.4 horsepower, with 105.2 lb-ft. of torque.

comparatively, you can go buy just about any Japanese sport-bike (or non sport-bike) for under $11,000 and they are cranking out up to 170+ HP at the rear wheel with an equal amount of torque. All in an engine that is a little larger than 1/2 the size.

So what I want to know from HD is, how do you screw up an engine so bad that a competitor can put out one that is 1/2 the size with twice the performance for approximately 1/3 of the cost?

No comments: