Friday, September 22, 2006

Balance, Grasshopper.....

Many people have different ideas about their life goals, or mantras. Mine isn't so much about peace and harmony, religion, health, riches, etc. as it is about balance. I believe that if you make an effort to balance your life then you will achieve peace and harmony, have enough money, or be content with your religion.

So that's what I've been trying to focus on for about the last....oh....I don't know....10+ years. Balance. I drink, but I try not to drink too much...or let it affect other aspects of my life. I seek thrills with my activities, but hopefully not at the price of being a moron and killing myself. I am a cheap bastard, but I'll also give you the shirt off my back.

The problem, is that I am not balanced anymore. Not even close. It's difficult for me because I almost feel like I am so unbalanced that it will be difficult to find (or get close) to be balanced again. Mostly, it's my fault. And most of it, is due to work. I guess I have a slight tendency to be a work-a-holic. I get ahold of something and I have trouble letting it go. And then work keeps asking me to work and although I keep saying "no" it seems that I am still working far more than I should. For those of you that have your basic 9~5 job, you wouldn't understand. But try working 60+ hours on a holiday week sometime and then imagine it's always like that.

I am in MT for work. I don't see my friends back home very much due to work. I don't ride my bike or drive my truck due to work. I barely see my house. Even here, in MT, I can't get into a regular workout routine so I feel out of shape. Why? FUCKING WORK!

Relationships are just a dream that i once had.... work again. Are you seeing a pattern? I sure I am....but I am not 100% sure how to deal with it. I tend to think that Skyline and I will have to re-evaluate the nature of our relationship at some point.

But I need to get the balance back....somehow....and I just don't see it happening here.

So that's me. I'm out of balance....

No comments: