Monday, February 28, 2011

Crashing at Friend's

Saturday was a good, but fairly long day for me. I had gotten up early and went to the hardware store to buy a few things. I spent the next few hours doing yard work (getting ready for spring!) and then went to the Rahr brewery in Fort Worth. My friend is a fellow cheap bastard, and I actually out-cheap-bastarded him by talking him into driving so I didn’t have to pay for gas.

He took me to the brewery and we got there about a ½-hour before last call. We had to suck down the suds pretty quick, but at $7 for three pints of beer and a free glass it was a pretty good deal. We also went and had some nachos afterwards to put a little food in our stomachs. I hadn’t seen my friend in a while and we mostly talked about skiing / snowboarding.

Later, I went over to Grasshoppers to help them out with their network. They fed me some dinner and we had quite a few beverages while playing Xbox Connect with the kids. Good times.

I was getting tired and was ready to go home, but Hopper didn’t feel I was safe to drive. I am not sure I agreed with him, but my rule-of-thumb is that if I am out drinking and someone says they don’t think I should drive I don’t argue. He and his wife made up the couch for me, but I just don’t sleep well at other’s houses. I crashed out for a few hours and finally woke ‘em up at about 7:00am so I could go home (they had my keys and the house alarm was set!).

While one might chose to be upset about the situation I wasn’t. I may have been perfectly find to drive, but I appreciate that someone was looking out for me.

No comments: