Saturday, February 12, 2011

Superbowl XVIXXXIWHATEVER – Or How I Spent My Time Watching the Super Bowl

This year, the Super Bowl was hosted at the home of the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington, TX. That’s where I live. While on some levels it was kind of exciting that so much hoopla was focused on my home town quite a few of us found it to be a nightmare. Long before fans started showing up the city and the NFL started working on the event by blocking of roads and re-routing traffic. Fortunately, I live south of the stadium and didn’t have to deal with much of that.

Seeing as how I really don’t give a rats ass about football my g/f and I planned to get out of town long before the proverbial shit hit the fan. She almost got caught by the ice storms that hit N. Texas, but fortunately got a flight out and met me in Montana where we spent the day snowboarding and skiing. She had one of her most epic days skiing ever and I had a great time running semi-fresh powder runs.
I invited a few friends to come along, but not only did they not come – I didn’t even get ONE response to my invite. I think I am done inviting them to come do things with us.

Naturally we heard about all the problems the weather was causing back home, but we were very happy to not be there. I was caught in a bit of a bind, though. My brother-in-law is a die-hard Steelers fan, and my neighbor a die-hard Packers fan. I knew one of them would be very happy and one of them very un-happy. Looks like this year my brother-in-law was the un-happy one.

No comments: