Sunday, November 16, 2008

Whored Out for Big Money

I’m a consultant, which basically means I’m a whore. My company whores me out for money to other companies when they need work done. It’s actually a pretty good gig and I enjoy it for the most part. No job is perfect.

But last week I think I topped my all-time most-money-for-a-gig record. It was a one day custom teach and consulting day with a client. The company charged them, get this, $6000 for ONE day of work. I was there eight hours. Stop scrambling to open up the calculator on your computer. I’ll save you the mouse-clicks and keystrokes. It works out to $750 / hr.

Now I realize that there are some working professionals in Vegas that rake in more than that but I don’t look as good as they do and I am not sure that I am “qualified” for the position, being a male and all. But for me, I thought that was pretty good bank.

No comments: