Monday, April 28, 2008

Lighting Project

If you’ve followed the blog for a while you might remember my posting about getting the photo of Lone Peak.

http://invioletlight.blogspot.com/2008/02/year-in-making.html

After getting the photo mounted it needed lighting which kicked off a new project. The first thing to do was find some lights that I liked. The problem there is that I found a few that I thought would work but didn’t after I tried them out.

I ended up going with some Tech Lighting products called Freejack with the Swivel head.

Yesterday I finally got them installed. It took longer than I thought because I had to make all the measurements without a good frame of reference. But then I got the holes cut and the cables ran and wired it all up.

Hit the switch and…..nothing. But that was easily fixed after finding that one of my wires came lose while I was stuffing them up in the junction box.

I am pretty happy with the lights. I have some slight aesthetic work to do on them, but it’s pretty minor. I used a 34-degree beam bulb with a frosted anti-uv lens on it. Here is the finished product.

No comments: