Monday, April 07, 2008

Jake Walks Among Us – Pt 3

I must have worn Jake out pretty good yesterday as he crashed pretty hard about 9:00 and slept ALL night long. He woke up once in the morning to be let out and then promptly crashed back out.

Naturally, he woke up at an “inopportune time” and I had to feed him and then play with him a bit to calm him down. After that it was off to the park. I walked him, ran him, and let him chill in the shade. We had other dogs and kites so he got to play with the dogs and chase the kites. Other kids played with him and all in all I’d say Jake had a great time.

As soon as we got back to the house he sacked out. Bling! came by to pick him up and take him back home. He was so tired he didn’t want to get up and go home. But alas, away he went.

It was a lot of fun and responsibility having him around for the weekend. I really enjoyed his company even if we had to test each other every now and then. But I think it would be a lot easier with two people instead of just me. I also have to re-think whether I should get a puppy or not. I am not traveling nearly as much but I still think that’s a lot of work and effort to keep a watchful eye on the puppy and it would be hard for me to ask anyone to do that.

As much as I miss him, it’s also nice to have a break. Now I know how parents feel with kids….. And at least I can go over to Bling!’s (how is that for grammar?) and still play with him.

No comments: