Monday, April 07, 2008

Jake Walks Among Us – Pt. 1


Bling! and his wife went out of town to attend a wedding this weekend. Since I didn’t have much going on, I agreed to puppy sit for them. Their puppy is Jake. Jake is a bloodhound and German Shepard mix. He mostly looks like a bloodhound with some darker markings of a Shepard…..that is until Mrs. Bling! sticks his ears up and then he looks a lot like a Shepard.

Jake is still a puppy, but he’s a large puppy. At just over three months old he already weighs just over 30lbs. He’s pretty smart and fairly well disciplined, but I can tell he’s testing me a bit to see what his boundaries are.

I wasn’t paying real close attention and he grabbed the cord that lets my Venetian style blinds up and down. Naturally he tugged on it and the blinds came down and then pulled the cord back. He thought this was a game and wanted to keep playing.

He also managed to pee on one spot of the carpet….in fact, while I was typing this he peed on a spot on the carpet, and I had just taken him out. But it’s not all his fault. He’s in a new environment, and although I’ve been around Jake before it’s not the same thing as having his true masters there.

I also later realized that I can take Jake out four times in an hour, and he’ll use the bathroom every single time. That dog can go!!!

No comments: