Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Moving to Montana Now – Pt 2

Some of you may know that I’ve been up in Montana a bit here and there for vacations and work. Over a year ago, I had an opportunity to live in MT but ultimately turned it down for several different reasons with one of the biggest ones being the sheer expense of moving up there due to the housing costs.

I’ve had one of my friends who is into real estate keeping an eye on things for me and I’ve also had a chance to check out some properties while I was hanging out up there. The recent collapse of the housing market and tightening of the economy has really brought the cost of homes and land down by a significant margin.

That being said, I finally made the plunge and invested in some land up there. It’s a pretty sweet spot up in the foothills of the Bear Canyon area. It’s got a little creek running through the property of 10 acres and is totally surrounded by trees and open fields.

But there is one catch, I can’t afford it without selling my house so I’ve also made the decision to sell my house and move up to MT. I know I can’t get as much as I’d like for my house here, but I have quite a bit of equity and that will help pay for a new house to be built up there.

I’ll be in the mountains, with the animals, and have skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, etc. all nearby and no more blistering summers and 2 weeks between seasons.

It’s going to be difficult announcing this to my friends and family, but I guess I’ll have to start making the phone calls. Wish me luck…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, yeah, april fools.....